Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Soup is good food.

Soup... I love soup! I could eat a bowl of hearty soup EVERY SINGLE DAY.  It is one of my fondest childhood memories.  I may be a bit partial but my mother, as well as my grandmother, made the very best chicken soup. I can still taste it. Hmmmmmmm. Soup has always been such a comfort food for me, especially during an awful cold. So the time has come, the winter colds have hit!  I am so looking forward to a GIANT bowl of good ole fashion chicken soup.   Made with a stock that has been simmering since this morning.  The house smells wonderful. Even with what seems like the worst sinus congestion I can still smell it!  Made with lots of hearty chicken bones, carrots, onions, celery, bay leaves, seasonings. Oh, and of course there is one special family ingredient as well for lots of added nutritional goodness........I was lucky enough to score some when we last visited my parents. Can you guess what that special ingredient may be??



Do you have a special ingredient as well? Please, do share!  In the mean time, SOUP! It's what's for dinner!


Buon Appetito,

~Lisa








Life thru the Lens at Lisa Kerner~Simply Living Photography




3 comments :

  1. Wonderful shot and perfect for "soup"! I love soup! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I love soup in the winter. We've had lots of turkey soup from the bones of our Christmas dinner. I make stock on Dec 26 and freeze for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both... soup is a winter love of mine. My man is not such a fan, poor thing eats a ton of soup though. Your shot is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!